Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Pot Committed

I've had my first official case of list-makers remorse.  

A lot of the items on the list are there because they'll probably be fun as hell. Some are on their because they'll theoretically make me more cultured. Some are on their because I'll end up learning a new skill.  And some of them are on there because they're new experiences that will take me out of my element, and most likely, make me a little comfortable. A blind date falls into that last category, and a blind date has been offered to me.  And the thought of a blind date makes me want to delete the list and go back to that whole 3-hours-of-video-games-on-a-weeknight thing.

Without this new year-long gameplan, I absolutely would have said "no," or at the very least would have gone new-age-stalker and looked up the girl's Facebook profile and hunted down pictures of her. But the existence of the list compelled me to say "yes" . . . . and to immediately get the butterflies going (I think I'm less scared for potentially skydiving). And since the list does indeed say "blind date", against my better judgement, I do indeed plan to go into it blind (though I told the setup girl Heyjin to go ahead and have the potential date look up my own Facebook profile. While I'd love for her to quote Arrested Development during the date, I'd prefer she doesn't show up and 30 seconds later start quoting the Bluths with "I've made a huge mistake". Alas, she has given the initial approval based on my Facebook profile, so I guess I got that going for me).

So while I don't know exactly when it will be, item #3 is in the works. She is apparently smart, pretty and an allergist, and that's all I'll go into it knowing. And yup, I'm terrified. Damn the list! (said while shaking my fist in the air like a 80 year telling kids to get off my lawn).

Other news and notes:
  • My first actual attempt at a third item was a failure, though a bum knee certainly contributed. No 5K in sub-7-minute pace. It was closer to 7:25. Sigh. But we try again in 2 weeks.
  • As expected, the 100-beers item is well underway. 14 down. 86 delicious experiences to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment